A general over-view of our camp outs goes something like this:
- Arrive whenever on Friday. The hosts for that weekend will decide the format of Friday’s dinner – either a potluck or something else provided by the hosts.
- After supper is a time for socializing with each other. We will play games in the pavilion or someone usually will have a campfire going and everyone is welcome to attend.
- On Saturday morning we have a community breakfast put on by the men of the chapter. We usually have eggs, cooked any way you want them or Glen’s famous omelets, sausages, pancakes, coffee cakes, coffee, and orange juice. New for this year is make-your-waffle with the waffle maker the club recently purchased. We charge $5.00 a head for this breakfast.
- Saturdays are spent doing your own thing, whether it be sight seeing, playing games, reading or just relaxing in the sunshine.
- Our chapter game is called “Gotcha” and is played very competively! It is a home-made board game played very much like Sorry or Trouble. We also have horseshoes, Bocci, Crazy Golf, Bean Bag Baseball and whatever else a member may bring.
- Saturday night is the big pot luck supper. We usually have a very large and tasty assortment of food so that no one ever goes away hungry.
- After supper, it’s back to the games.
- On Sunday morning, we have coffee and whatever coffee cakes and leftover deserts from Saturday are contributed by camping members, and now we’ll even have waffles. Everyone usually stays around until the last possible minute before check-out time and then it’s off to home till the next month’s camp out.